Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Can I access CMDB thru web interface in SD4.5?

Highlighted
Ilya Ilin
Trusted Contributor.

Can I access CMDB thru web interface in SD4.5?

Hello everybody!

I didn't find how can CMDB be accessed thru Service Pages. This is impossible, isn't it?
8 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Can I access CMDB thru web interface in SD4.5?

Out-of-the-box the closest you get is attaching a CI to a Servicecall but then you cannot see any details!

You'll have to write your own JSP files, if you copy the issued ones and change them it's not too difficult.
Ilya Ilin
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks, Mike.

And another question - don't you know, is access to CMDB thru Service Pages announced in SD5.0? I've seen some screenshots of 5.0 and it seems like it is so.
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm not sure, will have SD 5 beta later this week. Don't forget though that the Web Console allows pretty full access but has to be user-licensed as per cliet.
steven_160
Super Contributor.

hi,

As per ur 1st question CMDB is very much visible on web, but u extensively needs java coding.
In our environment we hv done the same.
Any one in the particular location can add the CI and also relate it.

HTH

steven
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

SD 5.0 will definetly have that feature to view the CMDB from the web. However, I will confirm it after the weekend when I have time to mess around with it :)......looking forward to messing around with it
Jasper Verweij
Acclaimed Contributor.

SD5 will have the same ServicePages as SD4.5.

They changed only a few things:
- url isn't anymore '/sd-sp45', but 'ServicePages'
- Startup screen of servicepages changed!
- on the bakcground hp has to port all web-api code to new web-api code of 5.0

Jasper
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

from the documantation that I have seen so far for version 5 there does not appear to be any major or radical change to the Service Pages which in my mind is a big let down as we have been looking for additional functionality like this and a different way to make modifications etc.
David Collier
Honored Contributor.

As Mike said though, there is functionality in 4.5 using the Web Console. I've installed and set this up in the past and although there are (well there were when I did it last), certain limitations regarding JAVA versions it does work well.