The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller's WorkGroup

Highlighted
veeratee
Super Collector

Caller's WorkGroup

Hi,

I would like to use the Caller's Workgroup to be a condition for a UI rule to limit the value range of ServiceComponent, but when I navigate from the caller fiel while creating an UI rule the field WorkGroup doesn't available for selection. Is anybody can advise how to obtain the workgroup to be a condition when navigate from the Caller's field...?

Note: My organization used the Service difference than HPOVSD ServiceStructure.

Regards,
Veeratee.
5 REPLIES
Venkatesha_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caller's WorkGroup

Hi,

If you are using Service Desk 4.5, this feature is not available. You can not use those kind of relationship.

I think the same can be done in 5.0 version.

Regards
Venkatesha
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Veeratee,

What is "Caller's Workgoup"? A person can belong to many workgroups, what you need is to define a 1-1 relation between a person and a group. Either you can use the "custom workgroup" field on person entity or create a generic relation between a person and a group, each person should be linked only to one group.

Then create a generic relation between workgroup and service and use "limit range by generic relations" to limit the values of the service.

This can be done on SP17 or later and I suggest to have a good read on generic relations.
menes fhtagn
veeratee
Super Collector

Hi George,

I'm reading the Generic Relation and seem to be a good approach, but I still can't find the solution yet, please kindly advise and I provide the exactly what I want to you for more clear on my requirements as below:

The requirement is to limit the current logon user(enterred by person) who is creating a ServiceCall to see only some value in the new custom field which has a list of value available(limit field value range).

By the way, in my organization the enterred person the same person as caller.

I'm looking forward your advise.
Regards,
Veeratee.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you don't want a load of UI rules, generic relations is the only solution.

Create a generic relation between persons and your code field. Then add for each person all the code values he should have access.

Thet use the UI rule to limit by generic relations and you'll got what you want.

But as I said, first and foremost you need to read throughly and understand the generic relations.
menes fhtagn
veeratee
Super Collector

Thanks all person who has a comments on this topic, you will get the appropriate point and I will close this topic.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event