The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller and Requestor fields

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Andrej Saje_1
Super Collector

Caller and Requestor fields

Hello,

I am implementing change mgmt process and want to "map" caller field and requestor field. So, service call is submitted, categorized as Request for Change and caller field is also populated. The next step is to create change via Action->Create Change. And here comes my question: how can I copy/map/etc. a caller name/lastname from service call record into requestor field in new change record? Advises are more than welcome. Thanks in advance for swift replies!

Andrej
5 REPLIES
Bhuvnesh
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Caller and Requestor fields

Hi Andrej,
You can create a database rule to set the value of service call caller in the related change's requestor field.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Andrej,

You could create a DB rule for changes which sets the Change;Requestor to Service call;Caller.

-Josh
Andrej Saje_1
Super Collector

Thanks for the advise. How do you do that? Details pls if possible. Thanks!
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi
Something like this DB rule for service call will work and pass the update from a service call to a change.
However in using the DB rule this way the change will have to be saved before the value is passed. If the requestor field is mandatory in the change this way will not work as you cannot save the change unless the field is filled in.

When service call is created or modified
Change Requestor (Update Data) Change;Requestor set to [Caller]
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Andrej,

I would advice sd_dataform for this task.

See also http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712

Jasper
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event