Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Search Code Rule

Highlighted
Steve Liddle
Super Collector

Caller Search Code Rule

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what controls the actions performed when a search code is entered.

For example, when the following steps are executed:
1) create new service call
2) enters a search code in the caller field
3) hit tab
=> a number of fields are populated and the search code is resolved to the related name

I'm wondering if this behaviour is linked to a UI rule that we have created OR this is how the application behaves for everyone?

The reason I am trying to find this is to solve a problem. This is the behaviour I am getting:
1) Create a new service call
2) Set the priority
3) Enter the caller
=> this sets the priority to blank

I am trying to find what is setting the rule back to blank and can't find a UI rule that does this.
6 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Caller Search Code Rule

Hi Steve,

I am not sure but I know there are "things" SD does as a result of service levels and may in fact be due to something like what the impact-prority mapping is for the Service level that applies to the SLA receieved by the organisation which the caller belongs to.

Doe sit happen with all callers? Is the priority you see before it goes mapped to an impact?

Hope something in here helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Steve Liddle
Super Collector

I've had a look at the Service Levels and the services and they all seem to be on the Standard service level. There are no UI rules on Service or SLA. Is that what you are suggesting??

Also, do you get know if the behaviour I described when you enter a search code and hit tab is default or a custom rule that we must have created? Do you get this behaviour at your site?
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

"There are no UI rules on Service or SLA. Is that what you are suggesting?"

No - what I am suggesting is that if there are no UI rules which are clearing priority then it must be HPSD itself; and I do know that there is "stuff" hard coded in SD in this area.

I cannot reproduce this effect but what do have in the field impact before all this happens? Impact and priority are linked by the service level so this might be the key.

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Ben Snell

Hi

I've come across this before when the caller does not have a SLA for the service in question - I would check what is being populated to see if the user/org has the service/service level/sla that you are expecting.

Regards
Ben
Steve Liddle
Super Collector

Thanks Ruth and Ben, you have both put me on the right track. It is related to SLA's and Services related to the caller. I'm looking more into this now.

Do you know of any utility to extract the relationship between Services, SLA's and Persons? I'm thinking of something like the utility to extract out the Business Logic Rules.
Steve Liddle
Super Collector

It seems that what is going on is every time the SLA changes, the application resets priority and deadline. This makes sense if you have different Service Levels for different SLA's and the deadline needs to be recalculated. All of our service levels are pretty much the same so there is no need to reset priority and deadline when the SLA changes.

I can't see any way to stop this automatic reset of Priority and Deadline when the SLA changes, it looks like it's built in functionality. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Also, why am I allowed to enter a Priority value in a SC template but not an SLA. It seems to be false advertising. If the Priority is set and the SLA is not set when the template is opened, then the Priority is going to get reset as soon as the SLA is set. What's the point of defaulting the Priority in the template? Am I missing something here?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event