Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Call Id Missing

Highlighted
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Call Id Missing

Hi,

When a new call is generated and saved sometime the call id will not appear and same time the call doesnot sit in group.

when i try to sort putting Filter Registration created and location i will not be able to view the History of the call.

What can be the reason for this.

Rgds
Ani
7 REPLIES
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Call Id Missing

Namaste Ani,

Would U pls gimme two informations: what is your ServiceDesk version?
At the Admin Console -> System Panel -> General Settings, tell me if Id After Creation are On or Off.

Regards,
RA
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Namste Rubame,

We are using SD4.5 and SP 5 in General Setting the Id after Creation is on.

Regards
Ani
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Namaste Ani,

Did you already see the logserver.txt at the time of the creation of register, maybe a java error or another error ...
Do you have any DB rule or UI rule that can be treating the register changing status or another attribute ?
Regards,
Rubem
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Dear Rubame,

JaveLangError is seen quite often can this be the reason for the client to misbehave.

How do we get rid of this Error..

Regards
Ani
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Namaste Ani,

Depending upon the kind of Java Lang error you have , I think that better you open a case on HP. Before this ,stop the service ServiceDesk Server, try to clear the Server Cache , change the Logserver.txt, start the service and follow the log entrieis. When the error occurs , collect the log and attach to the case.
If possible tell me what kind of javalang you are getting, by example : Nullponterexception ou unexpectedEOF or anything like that.
Best regards...
RA
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Rubame,

It is most of the time Nullpoint exception error and some time JDBC error i have attached the file for your reference.

Regards
Ani
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Ani ,

Probably you have a file corruption. My question is : this is occuring in all of users or only in your client?
I did a research in some cases and this problem normally is fixed with reinstallation of some .dat files , by example, views.dat.
Rgds,
RA