Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Call Duration in SD 4.5

Highlighted
GOWRANG
Valued Contributor.

Call Duration in SD 4.5

Hello,

I want to know how to find out the call duration in SD 4.5 (SP6)

I have created a seperate field for called date. (The Date &time call received. Its not the case registration time available in SD )

I need to find out The Call Duration. That is Actual Finish Minus Called Date ( Duration = Actual Finish - Called Date )

I would really appreciate if anybody can provide a solution for the same.

Best Regards,

Ajith.K
9 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Call Duration in SD 4.5

Hi
Use Planned Field for calculation, if Planned already used you need use external script for dration calculation, but for SP6 you can doing only after saving, or install new SP then you can use UI Rule Update by External system to show duration in opening form.

Vasily
GOWRANG
Valued Contributor.

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

Please note that in our service call section we have called date (custom field) and Actual Finish. The actual finish is updated by owner of the service call after closing all the work orders related to the call and actual finish date and time is the finish date and time of the last workorder. So we just need the duration of Called date to Actual Finish date. We are already updating the service level in the Service Call at the time of logging the call.

I would really appreciate if you could provide an alternative method to implement the above.

Best Regards,

Gowrang
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

If You not used Planned field, use planned by Rule set Planned start = Caller date, Planned Finish = Act. Finish, you got duration in Planned duration, copy this duration to your field Duration. If you like use in calculation SL, set in General Settings tab Application "Service Level For ....".

Vasily
GOWRANG
Valued Contributor.

Hello,

Excellent Idea. I have small question here. I never used planned start and planned finish in Service Call Section. Now I can try the method that you have suggusted. I think the planned duration is calculated based on the given service level.

Could you please explain how to setup the planned start = called date and planned finish = Actual Finish in SD.

Thanking You in Advance.

Best Regards,

Gowrang
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

By Rule.

Vasily
GOWRANG
Valued Contributor.

Hello,

Thank you for the help. By applying the rule I was able to setup the planned duration.

Now the problem is duration is calculated based on normal coverage and Service Level on Service Call Section is always Normal and Unable to change. Could you please help in solving this issue.

I have already added points for the support that you have provided in setting the planned duration.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanking You in Advance.

Best Regards
Gowrang.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Set as in attached picture, then calculation will be use SL.

Vasily
GOWRANG
Valued Contributor.

Hello,

I have already done this settings as you mentioned in the attachment. The problem is Service Level in Service Call section is always set to Normal coverage evenif SLA selected is 24x7 and unable to make changes in Service Level. Also SLA field is blocked in Service Call Section.

I think the problem will be resolved once we will be able to make changes in Service Level. Is there any way to do this task ?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanking You in Advance.

Best Regards,
Gowrang
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
SL sets by SLA or CI aoutomatically depends from Service type and not open to modification. Why are you need to cange the SL?

Vasily