The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculations with date fields in Servicedesk 4.5

Highlighted
Peter Vellekoop
Occasional Advisor

Calculations with date fields in Servicedesk 4.5

We are using HP servicdesk 4.5 SP11. I want to make a set of rules in HPSD. The first rule sets a custom date field (field 1) to the current date when a call is assigned a certain status. The second rule (field 2) sets another date field to the current date when that status is changed. Now I want to calculate the difference between field 1 and field 2. Next I want to add this difference to the deadline of the call, resulting in a new deadline for this call. So does anyone know if the following is possible: calculate a difference between to date fields and add the result to another date field (deadline) resulting in a new date. I have already tried this with the option Update Data in a rule, but I can't get it working.
2 REPLIES
Venkatesha_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calculations with date fields in Servicedesk 4.5

Hi,

Use a Formatted Date column which will give you the result in Hour format.

Subtract the dates and assign it to new column.

Update the deadline column with deadline+the difference in the hour.]

HTH
Venky
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: Calculations with date fields in Servicedesk 4.5

I believe this should be possible but I am not sure you have high enough service pack to do that. What you want to achieve is quite easy to test so best way to do this is to test it.

Seems to me you want to extend the time for solution by the time you wait for user to provide some additional info (or something similar). Beware this might be a little more complicated if you do not use 24x7 calendar. In such case the absolute time the call was in that status you want to monitor might not be the time by which you want to extend deadline...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event