Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen.

Hi!!!
We would like to calculate the time spend on each ticket. That is, I want to find how much time one ticket was open on the screen/desktop. For example, I open a ticket at 10:00 AM and make some updates and click on Save at close at 10:05. Again I open the same ticket at 11:00 and do a “save& close” at 11:20. So, I should be getting a values 25 mins (5 Mins + 20 Mins)

Thanks in advance...

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
3 REPLIES
MarkvL
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen.

Hi Ashly,

The only way I can thin of is to set a timestamp with a UIrule upon opening and saving a record.

For example,

After an item has been opened,
Where assignment equals current person,
Set timeopen field to current date.

Before an item is closed,
Where assignment equals current person,
Set timeclose field to cuttent date.

With some configuration you can either report on these fields when audited or do rule calculations to get minutes like you showed in your example.

Mark
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

I believe they put history lines in for this reason, but that means if the person working the issue doesnt fill in a history line, or the time spent and only uses say information no time gets tracked... same with auditing, you'd think that since they're tracking the fields updated via auditing that a nifty little mod could also add a duration/spent time to that history line item from when the record gets opened until closed... similar to the rule you've outlined Mark... wonder why no one has requested this feature yet? Probably because of the same 'lack' of reporting out of the box... No one realizes how basic the reporting is until they actually use the product. Now sure you can buy westbury and get these reports (do they rely on history lines being filled out?, you can buy crystal develop these reports(time and mulla')... that's unacceptable in my eyes... anyway that is my rant for the day :) good solution Mark.
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

hi Marc Hummel !!

Thanks for the info. I ended up with some logic and we are collecning the required info from the back-end.

Anyway, if you or anyone have any better ideas,(than what are are doing now) they are MOST welcome!!!

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event