Did you mean: 

Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen :: from History Lines

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Ashly A K
Honored Contributor

Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen :: from History Lines

We would like to calculate the time spend on each ticket. That is, I want to find how much time one ticket was open on the screen/desktop. For example, I open a ticket at 10:00 AM and make some updates and click on Save at close at 10:05. Again I open the same ticket at 11:00 and do a save& close at 11:20. So, I should be getting a values 25 mins (5 Mins + 20 Mins)

I created two rules, which will add the screen open time and close time to History. Now, is there any smart ways to extract these information ? Or what is the best way to pull it ? I don't want to tocuh the DB.

Kindly let me know your ideas and solutions...

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
1 REPLY
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Calculating how much time a ticket kept open in screen :: from History Lines

Hello Ashly,

For the existing items you will have eventualy to touch the DB and make a report using the history line service call view or the history line service call table itself.

For the new tickets you will have to use two custom duration fields. One for calculating "Close time - Open time" (open duration) and another for adding the result (total open duration). For the latter you have to do a dirty trick. Since our beloved service desk doesn't allows to add duration fields you have to fool it. From the fields list select a number field. As a firt parameter use the current value of "total open duration" as a second the "open duration". Then, just before pressing "Add to list" go the the input box below the "Fields" button and type "total open duration". Add To list and voila :)
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event