Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Calcluated fields, UI Rules, How much time did this spend in a Queue?

Highlighted
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Calcluated fields, UI Rules, How much time did this spend in a Queue?

Hello all,

I have a need to calculate the amount of time a change sits in the queue of a particular group.

I set the queue start time when the ticket is assigned.

When the assignment changes, I want to be able to subtract the queue start time from the current time to obtain the amount of time that ticket spent between assignments. I think I can do this through UI rules and keep a running total,

My issue is in getting the fields / details worked out to make it happen. Every time I want to use a field to keep the running total, it is not available from the list I can choose from in the UI rules.

When I set up a calculated field to get the queue duration, that worked poorly also since I can't seem to use that value in any UI rule.

Please see the attachement for a preview of the UI rule and what my calculated field set up looks like.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Do it right the first time
2 REPLIES
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Calcluated fields, UI Rules, How much time did this spend in a Queue?

Hi,

I would have thought that Database Rules would be better than UI rules for this sort of thing. You may not have the same issues?

However, if this is being done for reporting purposes, you might look at either,

- Analysed Data. There are a couple of in built chart views (Average Assignment Time by Person or By Workgroup) and also there is table views that you could export to excel?? Oh and the Chart views allow you to drill down to individual changes.

- History information. Using Crystal or the like you can (although not trivial when you first start) use the History items to make reports. So auditing the AssignmentTo fields would give you times when assigned.

I hope that helps?

Cheers
Moxie
Super Contributor.

Re: Calcluated fields, UI Rules, How much time did this spend in a Queue?

done
Do it right the first time