cancel

CTI Integration with SD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JasonJ
Super Contributor.

CTI Integration with SD 4.5

Our company integrated service desk with IPCC since 2 years. The service call is automatically opened when the a Helpdesk agent receive a call.

To improve the process, we need to ensure an automatic saving of the opened SC in order to avoid the helpdesk user to close it by error without saving it because the caller will not have any trace concerning his call.

Is it feasable?
if yes how???

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: CTI Integration with SD 4.5

Train helpdesk users.

Seriously, the application asks for confirmation to save any changes. To make it entirely foolproof (or stupid-proof), you'd have to commit just about every user action for them to miss/ignore the save confirmation...

You could setup a UI Rule with the Commit system action (saves the current item) once a new SC is created but you'd have to make sure there are no required fields left empty when the commit is triggered, otherwise it will fail and the result will be less than desirable. The Commit system action is available starting SP19.

My 0.02.

Hope this helps.
Points (and pints) are welcome.

The Pike
JasonJ
Super Contributor.

hi,

Thank you for your valuable information.

Can you please guide me step by step how should I do it?

Where to go & how should I set the condition with this command?

Thanks
JasonJ
Super Contributor.

hi,

Thank you for your valuable information.

Can you please guide me step by step how should I do it?

Where to go & how should I set the condition with this command?

By the way we have SD 4.5 with SP 24

Thanks
JasonJ
Super Contributor.

hi...

please help..

Thanks
TimCal
Super Contributor.

Hi jason
i'm facing the same issue..but i don't think it can be done by sd_dataform. I think if u use sd_event you'll create/update the servicecall but it won't display on the screen as a pop-up...

i'm opening another thread on how to create or update SC with sd_event
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

JasonJ,

Did you at least play around with the commit action? You could look at the service pack documentation. Since you're on SP24, there is info on this feature in the SP20 addendum and the sp24 readme (both included in your SP24 installation package).

I can't possibly tell you what conditions to use as I know absolutely nothing of your system, workflow or users' requirements. Conditions must be carefully set once you know how the rule will interact with the SC workflow. Defining this is the SD admin's job.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike