Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

CMDB Integration - Peregrine Asset Center x HP Service Desk

Highlighted
Fepelof_1
Respected Contributor.

CMDB Integration - Peregrine Asset Center x HP Service Desk

Hi there,

Has anyone tried an integration between Peregrine Asset Center and HP Service Desk, i.e., Asset Center (through it´s Connect IT)acts like the main data repository which sends updates to the HP SD database ?

Is it worth trying this integration ? I mean, does HP intend to improve this at the future, as it owns both Asset Center and Service Desk products by now ?

thanks
Fep
3 REPLIES
Judit_Pongracz
Respected Contributor.

Re: CMDB Integration - Peregrine Asset Center x HP Service Desk

Hi Fep,

I think they plan do an integrated solution in the upcoming years. Unfortunately I haven't been there myself, but try browsing the website of the Miami software forum: http://www.hpsoftwareforum.com/Miami/ .
Regards,
Judit
FRANS_5
Super Contributor.

An integration between OpenView AssetCenter and Openview Service Desk 4.5 has been released recently. One between AssetCenter and Service Desk 5.0 is said to be in the pipeline. Both are provided by OpenView ConnectIt.

Frans
The early worm gets the bird.
Fepelof_1
Respected Contributor.

Hi there,

I know there is an integration through Connect-It, and I´m running SD 4.5 sp 18, and I want to know whether is better to make the integration through SD 5 and wait until the following year (all HP products) or start doing it from now. If someone has started doing this integration, please tell me about the difficulties found, and if it was worth it.

Regards
Fep