SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

CMDB - Configuration Item Error

Hi, everyone!

I have a situation for you:

When the analyst tried to relate a Child CI on the Parent CI, this relation delay to be realized it but the relation happens. Though, when he pressed SAVE AND CLOSE button appears a error message. Please, check my screenshot.

Remember: My Service Desk version is 4,5. No patches installed.

Regards,

Marcela.
11 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CMDB - Configuration Item Error

Hi Marcela,

what is the second sentence please. Also does the same thing happen if you try the same steps on another computer?
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hellow!

I made a test in others computers and this error didnt happen. This error can be intermitten.

What do you think?

Regards,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Marcela,

does the server log file show anything else regarding the error or just the same details as in the screenshot?

Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark,hey!

The logclient.txt...
The error can be:

"Qua, 04/01/2006 14:56:40 (0x80030020) Violação de compartilhamento.
com.ms.com.ComFailException: (0x80030020) Violação de compartilhamento."

How can I resolve this problem? This analyst are intensinfing day by day the CMDB use thru Child CIs relations.

Regards,

Marcela.
Chris Bailey_3
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

It looks like the client may have a bad cache entry, which would be my strongest suspicion because it works elsewhere. Have you tried clearing the Service Desk client cache on this computer?

Mark, that second sentence in English is approximately "The memory at this address could not be read." Looks like the standard Windows error message when an invalid memory address is accessed. So, it seems like probably a cache entry to me... What do you think?

Thanks,
Chris
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Chris,

that looks likley. I have to say that we are having to clear the caches more and more these days to resolve small but troublesome issues for users.
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Alo Marcela,

Eles estao pedindo para voce limpar o cache do Client que esta instalado no computador onde esta dando o erro, mas eles tambem nao sabem muito bem porque esta dando o erro. Seria necessario uma analise do log do Jview para descobrir o que aconteceu. Uma pergunta : havia mais de uma pessoa atualizando o CMDB no momento do erro ?
Violaçao de compartilhamento significa que o programa tentou gravar numa area de memoria protegida.
Regards,
RA
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Chris, Mark and Rubem, hi!

Previously, I effected the cache clean but this doesnt work. I tried to delete files inside folder cache but this doesnt work,too.

Where I find the jview log?

Please, check him logclient.txt...

Regards,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Any answers?

Regards,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

after that I'm not sure what is the best next course of action. If this just happens on one client perhaps think about the following:

1) make a back up of the clients Service Desk folder and delete the original and run the client set up again just in case one of the other files may be an issue

2) As a course of elimination perhaps uninstall and reinstall the OVSD client
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Marcela.