Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

CI Generation Wizard Maximum?

Highlighted
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

CI Generation Wizard Maximum?

Through testing I have found that the maximum number of CIs which can be generated is 33. Is this a true number. Has anyone else experienced a maximum?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CI Generation Wizard Maximum?

No - I just created 100 in about 15 seconds so there must be something else going on? Is your template complex or are lots of DB Rules firing perhaps?
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

No I don't have any excessive DB rules. I tried the Wizard in my development environment which is a mirror of production but on MSSQL database and I could create 100 quite easily. Tried again in production (on Oracle) and nothing...can't create more than 33. Any further suggestions?

Thanks.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

What error message are you getting?

What search code pattern are you specifying?
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

During testing I used "IGNORE-" as the search code and had the wizard increment the numbers on the end. The really odd thing is that I'm not recieving any errors. The wizard looks like it's working. And then says it's done. If I check the log, it's empty and none of my CIs have been created.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

How did you verify that your CI's weren't created? Are you using a View that has Query Restrictions or a Filter or a Folder or Role config that might "hide" them from you?
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

I am using the Advanced find with "IGNORE-" in the search code. No filters applied to any views. The same search returns values if I enter 33 or less into the CI Generation Wizard.

Sorry forgot to mention, OVSD 4.5 SP13 on Oracle. Works just fine on OVSD 4.5 SP13 on MSSQL.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do you have the Max Installations value set on the production system for this CI Type?
Ryan Jenkins
Super Contributor.

No, these are each Server type CIs where are all unique. There is no Max. Installation set on this specific CI.