Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

CHm profiles restriction

Highlighted
oelalfy
Super Contributor.

CHm profiles restriction

how can i restrict to a specific user the update privillage on 2 diffrent workflows.

in other words i want falcon to be able to update in the IT workflow but view only on Network workflow.
8 REPLIES
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Re: CHm profiles restriction

You can set conditions in the Phase record, used in one or more workflows. In these conditions, you could use either a capability word or even a specific user name.

You could even incorporate the Change Category is part of the condition, or choose to (if applicable) ensure all phases are used with only one workflow (or have the same requirements).
oelalfy
Super Contributor.

can you please give more details where exactly should i put my conditions.
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

On the Change Phase record(s), relevant to your workflow (table: cm3rcatphase) on the Definition tab, in the "Controls" box. You can set conditions for update, approval and close.
oelalfy
Super Contributor.

will that override the profiles assigned on the operator record?

and can i put a condition with change profile name .. in other words if profile of the logged on user = "change requestor" then he can update, how can i say logged on user profile?

so many questions i know :) .. thanks a lot for your support.
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

It will not override the profile. They work in conjunction (lowest common denominator).

You could reference a profile, but that would only be useful if that is one of more conditions you want to set and are related to each other. Otherwise, just changing the profile would be enough.

Example: Only a "Change Manager" can update a change IF the category is "Hardware" (assuming the phase is used not only for hardware).
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

Addition: the profile exists in the $L.env variable, but I am not sure this is already available when the conditions in the phase are evaluated.

Give it a try, and if it doesn't work, I'll have a depper look into the var availability.
oelalfy
Super Contributor.

Actually can you give me an example what the expression would look like?
Jos van Harn
Super Contributor.

If the var is available, the Update condition could be:

name in $L.env="Change Manager"