Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a chat ulility in SD

Highlighted
Gokul krishnamu
Occasional Advisor

Building a chat ulility in SD

Hi all,
Is it possible to built a chat facility in service desk. I mean to ask, say if a service desk administrator needs to get some information from the end user, can he contact the user online instead of ringing him over the phone.Though it's not in-built in service desk, is it possible to buy an external chat utility and incorporate it into SD using web API's. Iam not very sure about this. Has anyone done this before. any suggestions please ??????
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES
Roman Frolin
Regular Collector

Re: Building a chat ulility in SD

In java client you can press caller button/action menu/netmeeting - whis start netmeeting session with current user.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Gokul,

For this prepare a chart having the details that you want from the user(static) in service pages.Now enable that chart when status is "Pending for user inputs" and in the email.Provide the link to view that view/Edit call or simply ask to add comment in that call.
This will solve your requirement of getting the input from the user.But keep in mind that this chart or comment box will be statis and not according to the particular call requirements.

Please revert for any clarification.

Regards,
Akhil
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Hello Gokul,
I was looking into this a while ago, one product I was looking at but never got to research was jabber (www.jabber.com) not sure if this is what you need. I'm sure there are other ways to code it, however I'm no coder... good luck hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event