cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Person Records using LDAP Import

Highlighted
Jeff Poling

Blocking Person Records using LDAP Import

We import person records into SD from our LDAP directory. There are many person records for users who are no longer at our organization. I would like to mark those records as blocked. Here is what I would like to do, but I am not sure how to go about it:

--Import from LDAP
--Change person record to blocked if a particular LDAP attribute is populated on a user (i.e., if inetuserstatus = inactive then set person record as blocked)

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jeff
2 REPLIES
Anda Apine

Re: Blocking Person Records using LDAP Import

There is what you can do:

1. Person record in service desk has attribute status. Import inetuserstatus data into status field of Person record.
Create db rule that sets blocked to 'yes' if person status has been changed to 'inactive'.

I hope this helps.

Anda

Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: Blocking Person Records using LDAP Import

Jeff, you can do that if you use my LDAP extractor (see here http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1024482 for more info). Using that you can create expression based on inetuserstatus - i.e. if it equals "inactive" the expression would be "true" otherwise false. You'd map that attribute to Blocked attribute in SD. See example there - you should use tag for that...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event