Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Billable time.

Highlighted
Meine de Vries
Super Contributor.

Billable time.

There is a field in Servicedesk 4.5 (SP31) called 'Billable Time' . We would like to use this to record the time we may need to bill to a 3rd party for our involvement in the resolution of a call. This field appears to be available for Service Calls, Incidents, Work Orders, and Change Orders (or at least those a re the areas where we would like to use it).

I noticed however that the content of this field is more or less determined by the difference between the 'Planned Start Time' and 'Planned Finish Time'. In other words if I change the 'Billable Time' also the 'Planned Finish Time' changes and likewise when I change the 'Planned Finish Time' the 'Billable Time' changes. This behavior is similar to the 'Actual Duration” which is the difference between 'Actual Start' and ' Actual Finish'

First off I fail to see what the 'Billable Time' has to do with any 'Planned Time', and obviously this is not any kind of behavior that I would like to have.

Is this a standard behavior implemented by HP, or did we make this implementation in our environment by some sort of customization. I have checked the UI and Database rules and do not find any reference to this.

Does anyone know how to 'disconnect' the 'Billable Time' from the 'Planned time' fields.

Thanks,

Meine
3 REPLIES
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Billable time.

I don't see a Billable Time field in my SP30 installation.

From what you describe this seems to be a duration field. Probably a rename of Planned Duration. Check the 'Planning work' topic in the application's help files.

AFAIK, the calculation it does is hard-coded and you cannot make the field behave independently from Planned Start and Planned Finish. However, there is the possibility of adding your own duration calculated fields although I believe you cannot apply opening hours to these.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
Meine de Vries
Super Contributor.

Thank you 'Mr. Pike' you are right. It is indeed a rename for 'Planned Duration'.

I guess I will need to add a custom field for this. Fortunately opening hours do apply for our usage of the field.

Thanks,

Meine
Meine de Vries
Super Contributor.

I mean:

Fortunately opening hours do NOT apply for our usage of the field.

Meine