Did you mean: 

Best Practice - User check status of their calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Eric P_2

Best Practice - User check status of their calls

Dear All,

There is a request from my client that he wanted to users be able to check their call status.

And my clients have so many users. It's not possible to create each login account for every users.

Is there any best practices to do this?

Thanks,
Eric
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Best Practice - User check status of their calls

Hello Eric,

How about the "view " e-mail command? It doesn't require an account, only a valid e-mail address for the caller;person.
menes fhtagn
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Eric,

you could also set up service pages. Users can request an account be created automatically and resend and change their passwords too. The can view their calls via SP.
Alok Shrotri
Frequent Visitor

For both the above mentioned options, there should be a person record for the user with a valid email-id.

Hope this info helps.
Cheers,
Alok
Eric P_2

My customer's users have their own e-mails.

So I think 1st option will be good (not so many user interaction). if not possible in my client's environment than 2nd option will do.

George, could you point me to the guide to configure "view ". I haven't understand what the solution like, but I will read the guide first.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric P_2

Sorry for asking about this solution again.

I urgently need this before we launch e-mail notification to all users, weh have to decide which solution we will use.

Thanks you,
Eric
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Eric,

For callers to view their calls using email you will need to ensure that inbound and outbound email from HPSD works.

Then set who is allowed to use the View command go to Email settings>Email commands tab and double click on View. You can also configure the message that is received by going to the email templates tab.

Once you have set this, you can get users to try sending an email to the inbound HPSD address with subject:

View

where is the call number

Hope this helps

Ruth

PS it would be nice if you submitted some points to George and the others who responded)
http://www.teamultra.net
Eric P_2

Hi Ruth

So this is the solution using e-mail features.
I will look for the e-mailing guide for more details.

Thanks,
Eric

ps: sorry for late submitting points. just afraid when I the "victory" icon shows in front of my thread then the others will think my problem solved and will leave it. Never tried to avoid giving any points.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event