Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Banner problem

Highlighted
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Banner problem

Hi,

I am using HP SD 4.5 with sp13.I want a banner to appear in GUI whenever a call is assigned to the engineer through web.i.e by default I have provided Helpdesk as the assignee of service call.I want that whenever any user logs a service call through web,helpdesk who is using GUI client should get a banner on its window.To check for functionality,I have unblocked the default DB rules of banner generation with a change in path of banner.exe file.But it is not running.
In the log file,it is showing following error:

"Rule: Medium Priority Banner Action: Green Banner (Command Exec Action) Entity: Servicecall Agent: localhost Commandline: E:/Program Files/Hewlett-Packard/OpenView/Service Desk 4.0/Agent/bin/banner.exe /green Service call 164 has been assigned to you. Error: CreateProcess: E:/Program Files/Hewlett-Packard/OpenView/Service Desk 4.0/Agent/bin/banner.exe /green Service call 164 has been assigned to you. error=2"

However If I use the same rule as UI rule,it is working file.

Anyone of you,Please update me..

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil
4 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Banner problem

Hi Akhil,

If this is an exact copy paste of the rules error, then I guess you will need to correct the path first... Service Desk 4.5 and not 4.0 should be the correct path.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

This is not the copy-paste of error.I have already defined the path with change in drive name as E and service desk 4.0 as service desk 4.5.Even it is showing the error.

Regards,
Akhil
Mariana Flinta
Super Contributor.

Hi Akhil,

Have the clients installed the SD agent?
Have you configured the host on the client accounts?

Bye,
Mariana
There's nothing impossible!
Akies
Outstanding Contributor.

It was an OS issue