Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Backup and restore procedure for SD 5.1

Highlighted
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Backup and restore procedure for SD 5.1

Hi,

I would like to know the systamatic backup & restore procedure which you guys follow to backup & restore configuration and data in service desk 5.1.

Thanks in Advance,

Cheers !!!
Badri
5 REPLIES
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Re: Backup and restore procedure for SD 5.1

Hi,

Me Again....

I was also not able to find "Database Configuration Wizard on 5.x" so what is the work-around if you want to configure a new database for use with SD 5 apart from the default configured during the insallation.

Cheers!!!
Badri
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
You must define how impotent this programm(SD) for your company, and use for this process backup tools from SQL server - that easy restore and quickest. For my Company that enough every night.

Vasily
Badrinath H K
Honored Contributor.

Hi Vasily,

Thanks !!!

Can you please eloberate on the backup procedure you use in your enviornment.

Badri
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
My SQL - MS. Every day at 4:00 run full back up of sd database, our db ~7GB. In This time we does have any activity, only sometime. So if you have too big db and on back up spend time too much, use full back up at weekends and in working days use "differental" backup when stored only changes , that quickest back up, but not have a long time to restore, because you must restore "full", then each day by day backup.

Vasily
JaS_4
Acclaimed Contributor.

Badri,

You basically used whatever your database tools for the backup and restore. For Oracle, use Oracle db backup & restore. For SQL server, use Sql Server backup and restore.
There is no sd 5.1 utility to backup & restore and there is no need as the database own utility is best for this.