SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Harini.G
Collector

Automatic generation of change ticket

Hi All,

We work on Sd 4.5 with SP4.

I am working on automatic generation of a change ticket once a service call is Resolved through DB rules.

Is there a way out? Pls help.

Rgds
Harini.G
12 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Automatic generation of change ticket

Hi there,

If you want to do it using a DB rule you will need to use sd_event. If you need help on sd_event just ask.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Harini.G
Collector

Thanks a ton Ruth. Yes, I do require help on sd_event as this is first time I will be working on the same.

My requirement is like this... Whenever A service call with a classification- Create email account is resolved, I need a change ticket to be logged with some of the field details from the service call automatically and assigned to the change team.

Trust this can be done with your help.

Rgds
Harini.G
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

To use sd_event, you need to set up an import mapping for the fields in the change record and the event relation.

I would recommend that you test this manually in a DOS box and once you have it working you can they set up the DB rule where you set the fields from thise in the SC.

sd_event is documented in chapter 5 of the data exchange manual and if you search this forum I think there are several postings on this topic.

Another way would be to use a system action (Create Change copy value ...) from a UI rule which would be a lt simpler.

Hope this helps

Ruth
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Harini,

You also have the option of using sd_dataform to create the ticket, if you want the new ticket to be displayed on the screen of the user who resolved the Service call. In this case, use a UI rule instead.

-Josh
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Josiah,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Since I am a learner, can you pls provide me the steps to do the same. (Create the change ticket once service call is resolved)

Rgds
Harini.G
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor
Solution

Harini,

Here is one way to do it:

1) Create an application that runs sd_dataform.bat
2) Create a smart action that uses that application. The parameters will include:
a) the name of the form to use to display the change
b) -forcenew, to make sure that a new change is created
c) += (repeated as often as required).

For example, if you want to set the Title of the Change to the Title of the Service Call, then

+Title=[title]

The usage of sd_dataform.bat is fairly well documented in the manual.

3) Create a UI rule to run the smart action. Typically, you would use a boolean field formatted as a button. Click the button to run the UI rule.

Good luck,
Josh
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Josh,

Thanks a ton. You suggestion help me to the whole.

Just 1 more clarification required. Since I am using Resolved status as a trigger for the rule and the call is getting closed through service page, will SD_dataform work?

Pls help.

Thanks
Harini.G
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Harini,

I am sorry - we do not use Service Pages. I do not know the answer, but I suppose that the Service page interface will not trigger UI rules.

However, a DB rule should still work in this case.

-Josh
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

If you are using service pages a UI rule will not fire and so as Josh says, you will need to use a DB rule. But then you cannot use sd_dataform as DB rules obey on the server not the client.

This means you will have to use the sd_event approach.

To use sd_event to set up a change, first set up a chnage record template which has the settings you want. Then set up an import mapping for a change which uses this template and define attribute mappings for the fields you want to take across from the SC; for example, deswc for Description, inf for Information etc.

Then try an sd_event to set up a change:
sd_event -s Server -p Port -a account/password -x mapping -c class -v desc=[Description] inf=[Information] ...

Hope this helps

Ruth
Harini.G
Collector

Hi Ruth,

I appreciate your reply.

But sorry to tell you, that I went through the Data exchange admin.pdf and could not understand the sd_event portion completely.

Since I am just beginning to learn sd_event, can you pls explain me with the steps. I would really be greatful to you.

regards
Harini.G
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

I wrote the document which I have attached about 3 years ago for training a colleague.

I hope it helps

Ruth
Harini.G
Collector

Thanks a ton Ruth. The document is worth a lot.

I shall work on it and let you know.

Thanks once again.
Regards
Harini.G
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event