Automatic execution of an Advanced find

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mauricio Anaya_
Super Collector

Automatic execution of an Advanced find

Hi

We want to fill a field with an information resulting from an advanced find.
I was trying to do this with a DBR or a UIR but it's not possible. A picture is attached to this message with the fields involved in this situation, this is a form of a Service call, the process for the capture is the next:

Somebody capture numbers in the field "Region B", then capture information in the field "Número B"; "Region B" is a property in some CIs and "Número B" is a number in a range defined in the same CIs. To reduce the time in the capture is necesary fill the field Of configuration Item with the enterior criteria, we are changing an anterior SW tool for the capture of this trouble tickets and this functionality is included.

We're using SD 4.5 SP 17

Greetings
MANAYA
5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Automatic execution of an Advanced find

Hello Mauricio,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but... if Region B and Numero de B is defined as a field in both Service calls and Configuration Items, then a UI rule could fill the information once the CI is set.

The ui rule should be like this:

When an item is changed and CI is not empty then
Set Region B to Configuration Item;Region B
Set Numero de B to Configuration Item;Numero de B.
menes fhtagn
Mauricio Anaya_
Super Collector

Hi George

Thanks for your answer, yes is a property but we need the data of the configuration Item when we Capture the other fields (Numero B, Region B) because the person who is registering the data doesn't know the CI, the caller just gave him a pair of numbers, the system has to found the coincidence in the CMDB with this criteria.
MANAYA
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

are you saying that you want to set the CI value when both Numero B and Region B are selected? You could use a smart action to launch an sd_dataform query with the search conditions to display a list of CI's that match the fields Numero B and Region B and from this identify the CI.
Mauricio Anaya_
Super Collector

Hi Mark
Yes, I have to use this numbers as criteria to find the Value of the CI field, but I need to open the form of the Advanced search with this values like a parameters and we need that this task willâ be executed for the application and fill the information automatically. In first place what is the form of the Advanced search to open it in this way? And do you know some example to execute this?
MANAYA
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Mauricio,

Using the parameter "-ListAlways" on sd_dataform it will list the CIs matching your criteria. The more criteria you pass at sd_dataform the more quick and more accurate will be the search. Then your users can use drag & drop to insert the found CI to Service Call.
menes fhtagn
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event