Did you mean: 

Automatic Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
NHS Pete
Super Collector

Automatic Email

We are running SD 4.5 SP15 at the moment.

The system is send out an auto generated email each time a new Service Call and new Work Order is created.

I want to stop this email but, I can't find where its configured???

I'm entirely a novice to this and know that you can send auto emails from DB rules which we also do. But there isn't a rule in ANY of te categories Service Call, Work Orders, CI's etc. etc which is sending this email?

The email contains fields from the forms or the database, such as ID and description and has the email address of the receipient hard coded in there.

Where can this email be configured if it not a DB rule???
4 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Automatic Email

It is controlled by the checkbox named "Send me email when items are assigned to me" on person records.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Pete,

is the mail sent when the calls are created or only when they are assigned to a person or group.

If it is when they are assigned Gyula has provided the details.

If it is when they are created it should be a DB rule (but you have eliminated this)
NHS Pete
Super Collector

Yep, that was the answer, quite simple really. But, in my defense...
I didn't have that field on the Person record but it must have been on there at some point and the person who was getting the email must have ticked the box, then when the field was removed.....there was no indication of it on the form when I was searching around.

Also the field says E-mil me when something has been assigned to me, but the calls are not being assigned to them, only to the Workgroup they are a member of.

Anyway its sorted now thanks guys.
NHS Pete
Super Collector

See above....(I will get used to the working of this forum soon.....)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event