Did you mean: 

Automate SMS updates into SD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Collector

Automate SMS updates into SD

I have SMS integrated with SD. SMS is schedule to retrives data every 6 hours. I want to automate the integration so every 7 hours, SD imports any differentials from SMS.
Not sure if this is done via a DB rule or sd_event?
Thanks,
Gail
9 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Automate SMS updates into SD

Hi Gail,

I would say it would be sd_event via data exchange as you have the option in data exchange to import deltas.

A DB rule may just overwrite all values and not just the changes increasing process time etc.

Gail D
Collector

Haven't used sd_events but looked into using it. If I use sd_events, how can I have the sd_events file run every day? Is there a date/time cmd w/in the sd_events?

thanks.
De Naeyer Robby
Super Collector

Hi Gail,

We are currently also looking into an interface between SMS and Service Desk.

sd_event is a good medium to create new relations in Service Desk between CI's (e.g. between hardware CI's and software CI's)

Can you tell me if you have already thought about what solution you are going to use for checking the differentials?

Note: Depending on your requirements for the interface you will not be able to use sd_event. sd_event is not able to delete 1:N relations.

Best regards,
Robby De Naeyer
Pradeep_30
Occasional Visitor

Hi Gail,

sd_event.exe can be used to externally create the service call/incident in the SD.There is a file sd_event.ini which is the conf file for sd)_event.exe. You can specify external mapping in SD so that you can use it with SMS and then pass those parameters to it.

If you want the command to be extecuted in schedule then you can call sd_event.exe from a VBScript with the parameters passed and put the script in schedule.

HTH

Pradeep
De Naeyer Robby
Super Collector

Hi Gail,

I forgot to mention if you need to delete 1:N relation you will be better of using the Service Desk Java based API's.

Best regards,
Robby De Naeyer.
Gail D
Collector

I have a confi (ini) file created to be in the export.exe

I haven't been able to work this, got pulled for something else.

Thank you both for help,
gail
Pradeep_30
Occasional Visitor

Please assign the points and close the thread.
Oscar Diaz_1
Regular Collector

Hello Gail D,
à ´m trying to integrate SMS 2003 with SD 4.5 SP17, can yo send the documents to me that you used for this integration.

Thank´s
Gail D
Collector

Oscar,

It was easier than I had thought. I used all the SD default files for the integration. I'm attaching a quick reference. I did the import manually through data_exchange but this process can be automated after you get it working.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event