Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Automailers working intermitently for the calls getting violated

Highlighted
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Automailers working intermitently for the calls getting violated

Dear All,

An automailer subjected to Resolution violation is set 1 hour after and before deadline.

I found a discripency say though the call has got violated the mails would not have reached the user saying call got violated or not violated.

Can some one help me what will be the reason for the mails not popping up for this rule.

Regards
Anitha

3 REPLIES
Mauricio Consta
Honored Contributor.

Re: Automailers working intermitently for the calls getting violated

Could be many reasons, First look at your logserver.txt file for any java exceptions, seccond I sugest you to enable the option 'rule manager debug' in the general settings. in this way you can see how the rules are triggered and evaluated so you can find why some times they are not firing.

Hope this helps.
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

I checked the Java Exceptions in log server it is existing Nth number of times and i have checked the debug option in General setting where should i monitor the rules now.

Rgds
Anitha Raj
Seetharamaiah N
Contributor.

Hi Anitha,

Please check if you need to set any mandatory field while triggering the db rule. I had similar situation when upgraded from Version 4.0 SP4 to 4.5 SP17. I assume you are running SD4.5 >SP16? server log would provide you with some indication if any mandatory field value is required.

My 2cents worth.

Cheers,
Nagendra