The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto updates of telephone numbers

Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Auto updates of telephone numbers

Hi,

I have integrated my HPSD 4.5 sp13 with AD to get the details of persons.I am putting the telephone numbers in the telephone number template in which I have defined primary as yes by default.
However after my details got uploaded,telephone numbers are getting fetched in telephone template of persons but they are not coming in the telephone number field of persons.

How can I put the value of telephone number templates in the telephone number field?

I am not getting any field of telephone number template in the rules.

Regards,
Akhil
2 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Auto updates of telephone numbers

The 'telephone number' attribute of a person record and 'telephone number' template are both separate entities. The telephone numbers/details stored in the telephone template/table are related to the person records and these tables can have more than one value associated to a person record. However, there is an attribute by name 'telephone number' in the person record as well. You can populate this entry with your person data import. If you are importing persons also from AD, you can add the telephone numbers in to the export configuration and then, import the same to OVSD by modifying your import mapping.
Ghafary Camille
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Auto updates of telephone numbers

Hi guys,
i am facing the same issue and i tried to import the telephone number as a person and it didnt work
any hints
thx
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event