Did you mean: 

Auto-generate WO with related CI's

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Collector

Auto-generate WO with related CI's

I need to generate a monthly WO for CI's that are due for maintenance this month. I'm using sd_event to generate the WO but need to also relate the CIs that are due for maintenance.

Is there a way to related the CI's that are due for maintenance to the WO?
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Auto-generate WO with related CI's

Hello Gail,

Yes, there is a way. sd_event uses an import mapping for generation work orders. You have to modify it or create a new one to include CIs.
menes fhtagn
Gail D
Collector

George,

thanks. I'll give it a try.

I just received the customers request. He wants to have a SC generated with 5 related WO's that each one has 5 CI's.

I'm thinking I need to auto-generate the SC using sd_event via DB rule which includes another DB rule to create the WO and CI.

Do you think this will work or is there a better way?
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Gail,

No need! Really!

If this is scheduled I assume that the WOs will be the same and CIs will be the same. If this is the case, just modify the "template" used in the import mapping to include workorders with the necessary configuration items.
menes fhtagn
Gail D
Collector

You are correct. This is quarterly maintenance which will have the same 5 WO's and the same related CI's per each WO.

I finally got it working from the cmd line. I created the SC template with a WO template and CI template. I'm on 4.5 SP with a known error (restart services for template changes) once I did this, the CI now appears on the related WO.

My next build will have different CI's monthly but I haven't received all requirements.

Thanks again for your help.
Gail
Gail D
Collector

Hi George,

I'm hoping you might be able to help. I got the sd_event to work in my test environment but when I try to run it from a cmd line in the production envir, it takes up all resources where my end-user can not open the client or anything in a open client appl.

cmd line: %sd%\sd_event.exe -f pm.ini -v sid=1400

I have SC import file with attached 4 WO's with related CI's (anywhere from 1 to 6 ci's)

I didn't receive any errors and log file showed "server_response=server didn't return any messages: check your appl server".

Any suggestion of what I else I should check?

thanks,
gail
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello Gail,

Since that works in your test environment there must be something else that make it fail on the production environment.

By default sd_event communicates with the application server on the port 30980 (open the server settings editor and have a look at the tab http. This must be activated for sd_event to work and the machine where you run sd_event must be able to communicate with the application server on that port.
menes fhtagn
Gail D
Collector

Checked and the Application log shows:

HTTP: Service on port 30980 disabled: Error: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

It's appears another application is using the same port? I'll have to check into it.

Thanks again,
Gail
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event