Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Refreshal

Highlighted
CA1501973

Auto Refreshal

Hi,

System handle is Service Desk 4.5 (SP20) on windows platform with SP1.

Automatic Refreshal Interval having refresh rate "15 minutes" but checkebox is unchecked.

In Server_settings.xml session timeout is set to 15 mins.

As per my understanding Session timeout should be set lower than the automatic refreshal which is unchecked in our case. Please do let me know will it have any impact?

Also Sd clients have option to set automatic refreshal using tools->Options which will be applied locally to them.

Please do let me know if application account users set automatic refreshal to 10 mins which is lower than session timeout settings, will this account be never timedout.

Regards,
crystenia

11 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: Auto Refreshal

Hi Crystenia

If "enable Automatic Refresh Interval" is unchecked in the admin console general settings then the client cannot enable it at the client level, it is disabled for ALL users.

The session timeout is entirely upto the system administrator to decide, it is mainly used when you want to make good use of concurrent licences, concurrent users that are not active for 15mins are then disconnected from the application which can then free up that licence for another user

hope this helps

Jay
CA1501973

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but still clients are able to change this setting on their local syste,.

I have attached herewith screen shot of Auto Refreshal settings taken from Application server

Pleaes suggest.

Regards,
crystenia
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

one option is to disable the users the ability to use the options and therefore they cannot change or enable the refresh interval.

This has the negative effect of not allowing the users to acces the other "options".
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Thats very strange becuase I was under the impression that if you disable it in the admin console then the user cannot activate it on the client side.
Did you restart the service after making the change? did you close the client and restart it?

Mark, is this a bug in the SP Crystenia is using?

Jay
CA1501973

Hi,

We restart services in sd application server on daily basis due to rule manager hanging problem.

But still this is happening.

I also assume that this may be the bug with service Pack.

Regards,
Crystenia
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Can you send the screenshot of your general settings in the Admin Console?
CA1501973

Hi,

Please find attached screen shot as required.

Regards,
Crystenia
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Crystenia

From the screenshot you have attached shows that "enable automatic refresh interval" is switched on.
If you dont want your users to be able to set this at client side through options then you need to UNCHECK this option in the admin console.

Jay
CA1501973

Hi Jay,

Thanks a ton. issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Crystenia
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Crystenia

Great news!

can you please assign me some points for my helpful answers

Jay
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

How Do I Assign Points?

Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event