Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Auditing the information field...with a cusstom field.

Highlighted
Manny07
Regular Contributor.

Auditing the information field...with a cusstom field.

Greetings All,
The below is a DB rule created to "audit the information field.(Thanks to all who assisted on the board.) I have 2 issues this... First, When a service call is first created, instead of logging the creating individual's unique name, it displays "System Administrator". How can I correct this? Subsequent modifications to the call are displayed properly. My second question.."How can I modify the rule to "clear" the information field when the service is saved, so upon the next open, the information field is blank.

Thanks again!!

When service call is created or modified
where NOT (Information (*) is empty)
TEST AUDIT (Update Data) Information History set to (Concatenate (Concatenate (Concatenate
With [Registration Modified by Display name]) With (Concatenate (Concatenate - With [Registration Modified]) )) With (Concatenate [Information] With (Concatenate

With [Information History])))
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Auditing the information field...with a cusstom field.

Hello,

If the service call is modified by another db rule (that is executed only for new items), before this one is trigered the last modification is made from the system (db rule) thus the "System Administrator"

About the other, just add another action in db rule to make "Information" empty.
menes fhtagn
Manny07
Regular Contributor.

Ahh...got it...so...is there anyway to change to order or fix this...so the actual name is on the record.
Manny07
Regular Contributor.

Ahh...got it...so...is there anyway to change the order or fix this...so the actual name is on the record?
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

You can order rules by using the up and down arrows on the tool bar. these will be there if you are using the system view of DB rules; if by category, the arrows will not be available.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net