cancel

Auditing the Information Field Service Desk 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Auditing the Information Field Service Desk 4.5

Can anyone tell me how to unlimit the amount of text displayed in the history field when auditing the information field. If there is more then a few lines in the information field, it becomes cut off when viewing in the history tab.
Thanks.
12 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Auditing the Information Field Service Desk 4.5

Hi Mike,

the history field holds 255 characters. Anything after this is cut in the history field. This si the default value and I have not come across a way to extend this.

Instead we use a running diary where by all updates are put into the information field and on save the update is copied into the 64K field with some concatenations. This saves having this issue (except when using some of the 4K fields but that is acceptable.)

Hope this helps.
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Great..Thank you...we have added a cutsom field...and now copy over the info field as stated...how do we append the field each time it is updated without it being over written?

Thanks
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi Mike,

the attachment is from a post by Ruth Porter some time ago and details exactly how to do this.

If Ruth posts a response I'm sure she would not say no to some points.
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Hi,
Thank you so much. One question.. is the"$DD$/$MM$/etc... a field or is it a fixed value? It is hard to read the entire line in the document. are those two little boxes at the end of the line carriage returns? Thanks again.
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Sorry I meant attribute or fixed value? .Thnaks
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mike.
Use Informmation as source field, use the same rule as discrbe Mark and add all to CF 64k, so as result you will have in 64k filed a data from any people, the same as chat:

User 1 %time%
text, text

-----------------------

User 2 %time%
text,text

etc.
close the 64k field with "view" right and your infromation will protected. History not good because "Information's" posts will store by different time and for opening requred sorting and open each by other so look what was. 64k will have a full picture about "speach".

Regards,
Vassili
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mike,

"$DD$/$MM$/etc. is a fixed value but you shoul dbe able to choose "current date" as a function for the date field (instaed of an attribute) - look further doem the form.

The two little boxes at the end of the line are carriage returns? You need to double click on the word "Fixed Value" and enter one or two carraige returns in this screen which will become those little black boxes in the rule.
Raghunathan Tik
Outstanding Contributor.

hi Mike,
where can i get a list of all possible attributes (like $DD, $MM, %lineseparator% etc etc) those I can make use while defining any Rule?

thanks in advance

raman
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

The $DD$ type variables are all described in the addendum for SP8 and I attach a zip below.

Hope this helps

Ruth

(and Mark is right - points would be nice)
http://www.teamultra.net
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Hi All,

Still very new to SD, so please forgive me in advance.
Referencing the reply below, Can someone please walk me through this step by Step (Ruth, I was able to set up the field as per your attachment, Thank you)I would now like to set up the field as it is in Vassili's attachment. Is %Line.spearator a fixed value ? if not where can I find it? Also Waht is EET after Concatenate?
Also what is "added on" and where can I find it. A step by step would be wonderful.
Thanks again..Looking forward to the day when I can give back.

Mike
Mike Dz
Valued Contributor.

Here is the reply:
Hi Mike.
Use Informmation as source field, use the same rule as discrbe Mark and add all to CF 64k, so as result you will have in 64k filed a data from any people, the same as chat:

User 1 %time%
text, text

-----------------------

User 2 %time%
text,text

etc.
close the 64k field with "view" right and your infromation will protected. History not good because "Information's" posts will store by different time and for opening requred sorting and open each by other so look what was. 64k will have a full picture about "speach".

Regards,
Vassili

PLEASE SEE VASSILI'S attachment a few posts up
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
Open sd45_sp7_addendum_eng.pdf on page 55.
line.separator - this is Java varable, for windows = '\r\n\' , for Unix '\n' .

Vassili