Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Auditing / History Line in Service Calls

Highlighted
Damien HUBERT
Contributor.

Auditing / History Line in Service Calls

Hello,

I have two questions about History Line in Service Call.

- Is there a way to audit Smart Action done on a Service Call in History ? For example, if I ping a CI from the Service Call form, it should add a new line in History with this information (like when you change a status or another audited field).

- Is there a way to use "template" in History Line ? It will be useful for line we will insert very often. For example, the "Subject" field of a line could be already filled.

Thanks for your ideas.

D.H.
2 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Auditing / History Line in Service Calls

Hello Damien,

For the first question: It depends on how you call the smart action. If you do it through a ui rule (for example pressing a button to ping) if you audit the custom boolean field it will appeared to the history line. If you want more information (for example what is the CI that is pinged) you must use sd_event.

The answer to the second question is yes, you can do it. The only contraint is that you can use *only* the default template.

Go to administrator console/data/templates and navigate to history line Service Call. Create a template and make it default. You can create as many templates as you wish but you will be able to use only the default.
menes fhtagn
Damien HUBERT
Contributor.

Re: Auditing / History Line in Service Calls

ok, I see what it is possible to do.

Thanks for your solutions.

D.H.