Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Audit object deletions in SD5.1

Highlighted
RF Doherty
Regular Contributor.

Audit object deletions in SD5.1

Hi,
We are running SD 5.1. We have noticed that a change record appears to have gone missing. I am working on the assumption that someone deleted it (possibly in error).

Is there any way to audit such deletions in 5.1. There seem to be some threads on how to do it in V4.5 (using advanced auditing) but this feature doesn't seem to exist in 5.1

Thanks,
4 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Audit object deletions in SD5.1

Hi,

the enhanced audit feature is also available in SD5.x.

You need to create a new account and assign Auditor role to it.

Login with new account and in System Settings> Audit Configuration you can enable this feature.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
RF Doherty
Regular Contributor.

I was working on the assumption that Administrator would be a member of the Audit role by default. Silly me for not checking.

I have now added myself to the audit role and I can now see the information I need.

Many Thanks
RF Doherty
Regular Contributor.

closed by user
-=R=-
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey RF Doherty,

I realize your thread is marked as closed, but I thought I should bring something to your attention. Enhanced Auditing is not supported. Well... at least not if you want passable performance and stability.

In our battle to keep OVSD up for more than 3 days at a time, or running at sub 10 second response times, HP refused to troubleshoot unless enhanced auditing (amont other things) was shut off.

Just an FYI.