Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Attributes.

Highlighted
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Attributes.

Hello again everyone.

Well, this might seem like a simple question to you experts, so here it comes.

I need to create new attributes for some configuration items that are not available on the list which shows up when I access the "PRESENTATION->FORMS" on the Admin's Console.

What steps should I take to create new attributes and add them to that list so I can successfully modify the specified forms?

Thanks in advance,
- Leandro
6 REPLIES
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Attributes.

Alo Leandro,

Of course you can "create" things to use in forms. The name of these is Customized Fields. First of all you have to go to Data -> Customised Fields -> choose the module you wanna , as per , ServiceCall , Incident, Workorders, Change , whatever... Youll find several kind of fields as Number , text , date , large text , boolean ... Depending upon the kind of fields is necessary establish the Status would be used , maybe all kinds od Status or pick up one or more... So, once you set the field and modify the title , ready to use.
Go to presentation->forms and you can create a new forms , copy onde forms to modify , change or delete fields, and add the new field to the form. maybe you have to clear the cache after creation in order to the new field appears. Important: You have to login with the User ADMIM or an equivalent that have the rule System Admin on ...

Good luck!
Regards,
RA
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Adding to the above, if you add any new CODE fields, you can populate multiple choices/records to the CODE field, through Admin Console --> Data --> Codes. For all the other types of fields, you can specify your options/data in the 'Custom fields' itself.
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you guys.

It worked like magic.

- Leandro
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

Leonardo...just a note since you are new, if you want people to continue to answer your questions you will need award them points otherwise they might decide to ignore you in the future...
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the warning, Lufty.

I had no idea about that. Obviously, I skipped something I should've read.

- Leandro
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.

Leandro , Im glad that it worked like magic. Anyway the tip of Michael is good. When you give some points you recognize that you got a value answer as well as you put a signal that there is good answer to the other users of Forum. So...
Regards,
RA