Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Service Pages

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Attachments in Service Pages

Our group is interested in having the end users start using Service Pages for registering calls as an alternative to the current process, which is to send an email to the help desk. I think I can reasonably add the To Workgroup field and remove some of the unused ones, but we would like the users to be able to attach items, like screen shots. Has anyone attempted to do this and can give me some pointers??

Thanks,
Colleen
20 REPLIES
Almási János
Super Collector

Re: Attachments in Service Pages

One possibility is to send e-mails with attachment. Subject must be "Update 123" (replace 123 with the regarding call ID). Attach any file and it will be attached to your call.
Selvarajan
Regular Collector

Hi Colleen,
Even my requirement is the same ,attachments via Service Pages.
If anyone can help us to acheive this.
Karol Raffay
Collector

You try this attachment on the create SC by Service Pages.
Pai
Collector

Hi Karol,

thanks for the code, could u kindly tell us how to and where to use this code so that we can have attachments facility when tring to create service call in service pages. I have no skills in JSP/webapis. if you could tel me which file to edit or where to do this change/enhancement. the help will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Nirad
Regular Collector

Hi Karol,

The code sent by you is really helpful and working fine for me.

But the issue is, it will attach file stored at the SD application server.

can any one tell me if end user want to upload or attach file stored at their location using service pages how we can do that?

one Option i thought of is given below

1. Transfer local file to SD application server FTP root and then attach it

Please advice me on the same.
Pai
Collector

hi nirad can u tell me if ur setup is 4.5SP or 5.x SP. I tried replacing the createservicecall.jsp and dint work for me ...can u tell me how did u do it ??
Nirad
Regular Collector

Hi Paina,

Please go to your SD server Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\service pages\webapps\sd-sp45 folder.

There you will find CreateServiceCall.jsp page.

Copy this page some where else as backup and then put the same code sent by Karol

It will start showing attachment option when you want to crete new service call and you will be able to attach the files also.

Cheers,
Nirad
Nirad
Regular Collector

I am using 4.5 SP
Pai
Collector

Hi nirad, thanks for the reply.

I am using SD5.0 tats the problem as u know the directory structure is different in 5.0. I replace the original createservicecall.jsp with the one karol sent but when i access service pages it ives error ......may be the way the code is wriiten is specific to 4.5.

just wandering if anyone has the code for 5.0
Nirad
Regular Collector

Hi Paina,

You send me the code written in 5.0

whenever i will find time i will modify it and send you back to test over your environment.

Cheers,
Nirad
Pai
Collector

Hi Nirad thanks for the help,

i have attached the SP5.0 original createservicecall.jsp file for your reference.

Thanks a ton for the help.

Regards,
Pai
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Damn! I've been looking for this for weeks! Big big big thanks to those who posted code.

This community is a life saver for me.
Pai
Collector

Hi Nirad,

if ur responding back, kindly do so on the topic http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1112009

this topic was posted by me and i can atleasdt give u points for ur replies.

Hatcher - Code i have attached above is the JSP without attachement for 5.0SP and the one karol has attached is for 4.5SP. From my experience on this issue the jsp for 4.5 doesnt work on 5.x. the problem is the install direcoty structure is different for these verisons.
Badrinath H K
Collector

Hi Nirad,

I too have tried the code shared by Karol and its works fine when if the attachements are stored on SD Application Server.

Like you, I too have requirement where end-users should be able to attach files stored at their local system through Service pages.

Have you found any solution yet ?? If Yes, i would appreciate if you share the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Badrinath
yarikcom
Occasional Advisor

I found a dicision for atachments work thru network. It's a bit clumsy, so i would be grateful for a better one

i use servicepages 4.5

i added a few lines to web-inf/web.xml

tmp_server_path_bms
c:\sdattach

c:\ftpfolder
temporary folder;

ftp_server_path_bms
ftp://sdattach:Qwerty12@10.60.1.1/Servicecall/

must include username and password
the path should include Servicecall/ (for current version)

And added package http://www.servlets.com/cos/cos-05Nov2002.zip (cos.jar from this archive) to web-inf/lib/

Note that form encryption should be

Vijay Kavrani
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks yarikcom,

MultipartRequest definitely helps.

But I am facing one more issue. Attachments are not getting stored in the defined directory in the constructor of MultipartRequest but in the Win local user dir e.g. D:\Documents and Settings\localadmin\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\Openview\Service Desk\tmp.

However, when I try to open the same attachment from the thick client, it is perfectly fine.

Any clue on it?

Cheers.
Becs_1
Super Collector

I am also interested in enabling user to be able to attach documents using service pages I have used the code supplied by Karol (Thank you) however when i submit the call i get the error message
The attachment settings have not been entered.
Do i need to add anything to the code or do i need to modify any settings in HP openview Service desk. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
chinna!
Collector

Hi,

I am also using the code attached by karol.
iam able to attach successfully but when i try to crate a service call with out attach ment i am getting an exception file not found. no specified path found. bu t am able to save the call.

Please help, where i need to do the changes in the code.

Thanks,
Naren
chinna!
Collector

Hi All,

i managed to resolve the issue
am able to create service call with attacment and with out attach ment.

Am very much thank full to karol.

Please help me in doing one more task

How to send attachment through service pages.
I would appreciate if any one can help me by sending some sample code.

I am using Servicedesk 4.5 with sp 20.

Thanks in advance,
Narendra

TGR!!

Hi Experts,

Can any one got the solution for this, I am also using the code. Am able to save attachment through the service page if i created service call in the server itself.

if i try to attach from remote pc attachmnet is not saving but one folder is creating on server.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Tgr
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event