Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments error

Highlighted
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

Attachments error

Hi!,

In HPOV SD 4.5 -SP15, when I try to save a Service Call, I get the following error (see image attached).

Any ideas what could it be?.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Cesar
6 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: Attachments error

Hello Cesar,

It appears that the user used for ftp connection cannot login to the ftp server.

Go to Administrator Console/System Panel/Attachment Settings on the tab general. Press "Test" to test if the ovsd is able to login to the ftp server.
menes fhtagn
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

George,

I made the test and everything is OK. The connection is correct.

Any other idea?...

Best Regards,

Cesar

Did you do the test from the same machine as where you are trying to save the service call? Because if you run the test directly on the SD server it might work there but not on a client. In that case it might be related to active/passive FTP.
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

I run the test in my computer. The user is located in France... a bit far from here (mexico) and she doesnt have access to the admin console.

Best Regards,

Cesar
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

The explanation is that client does not send attachments to server through the connection it has with server (port 30999 usually) but connects directly to FTP server (port 21 usually).

So the problem here is that the user in Mexico has to be able to log into that FTP server. That means the user needs to be able to resolve the FTP's hostname to IP address and connect to FTP's port. So the issue is probably in the network inbetween.
Meine de Vries
Regular Collector

Check if the user can 'ping' the attachment server, if not you probably have a firewall restricting access to the server.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event