Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment thrrough SD4.5 SP22 ServicePages

Highlighted
TGR!!

Attachment thrrough SD4.5 SP22 ServicePages

Hi All,

I have used the code posted in forum to attach file using service pages. if i create any service call in the server with attachement using web client am able to attach and it is working fine.
But if i do same from any other PC in the network then SD creates the folder on attachment server but file doesnt get attached.

If anybody have clue, please help me.

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Re: Attachment thrrough SD4.5 SP22 ServicePages

Very common issue answered thousand times: the issue here is that the path to attachment is an absolute path ON THE SD SERVER(!) you are connected to. So if you want to attach a file from remote location you need to transfer that file to SD server filesystem first and then specify a path where you put it. It will then transfer it to attachment server. I know - pretty lame but that's the way it is.
TGR!!

Hi Radovan,

Thanks for your kind reply, Can you sahre the jsp code if you done it.

Thanks,
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

There is no specific code I could share - I haven't coded this myself - I just managed implementations of such solutions. I think is the guys used Apache's File Upload component for this. See http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/ You'll have to integrate this to your version yourself...
TGR!!

Thanks for your contribution...
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event