Did you mean: 

Attachment problem

Highlighted
AlexNvkz
Occasional Advisor

Attachment problem

Good day.

We have Service Desk 4.5 sp 18

one of the users has sent on our service desk email adress the letter with name "Приложение №3" (language - russian). Application server has not accepted the letter with attachment named "Приложение №3" and gave an error:

"
Error when put file C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\SERVER\TMP\560-ПРИЛОЖЕНИЕ? 3.rtf! .)! To attachment server: java.io. FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\tmp\560-Приложение? 3.rtf! .)! (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
"
560 amount of failures of acceptance of the letter

How I understand application server translate a symbol "№" in "?", but in a file system a file name can not contain special symbols like "?".

And we have the following problems:

1. Exchange each 10-15 minutes are sent the letter, which does not accept Application Server

2. The initiator of service call receives each 10-15 minutes the letter with text of a mistake

3. The service calls through mail are registered not at once, and stand behind the letter which is not accepted.
The new Service call are registered after initiator receives the next message on a mistake

I try to block email adress of initiator in email access filter, after that initiator receives each 10-15 minutes the letter that he is not allowed to Service Desk email commands.

duration of a problem about three days, after three days Exchange ceases to send this problem letter.

It is possible to decide this problem?
4 REPLIES
Vasily Aksenov
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Attachment problem

we also have the problem (sometimes about this).
to stop e-mail exchange try to change reply adress in SD e-mail template to unavailable one

rgs
vasily
Craig R Taylor
Collector

The attachment server is essentially an FTP server. There may be ways of configuring the FTP server to allow the special characters.
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
AlexNvkz
Occasional Advisor

Vasily thank you for advice.

Next actions helped me:

In General settings -> Email -> Inbound Email tab

I change the name of inbound email adress. All who try to register call through email receives letter:
--------------------------
"It fails to deliver...".
--------------------------
After that problem letter was removed from queue on our service desk email adress
Hemul
Collector

Hello All,
We have same problem,
How we can configure the FTP server to allow the special characters?

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event