Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment error

Highlighted
Colleen Talbert
Collector

Attachment error

Users in Mambai recently moved to a new office and have since started getting the attached error when trying to save a SC with an Attachment: Connection reset by peer.

I thought this might be a timing issue and that the FTP was timing out, but they are able to use ftp via the command window and save a 7 mb file. It takes about 7-8 minutes, but it does save to the server here in the U.S. They can also use a terminal server and save the attachments, so it's not a rights issue for sure. The problem lies with the clients on their workstations.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Thanks!
Colleen
5 REPLIES
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

Re: Attachment error

Is this a problem with Passive and Active ftp?
Colleen Talbert
Collector

David,

We do have passive FTP checked in the Admin consol. Is there a way to test passive FTP using the command window? If so, we will test to see if that's the issue, but passive has been checked for years with no problems.

Thanks,
Colleen
Colleen Talbert
Collector

We also do not have Save attachments in background checked. I thought about trying it, but I don't like the fact that if the attachment fails the attachment is lost and it cannot be retrieved.

Has anyone played around with this?

Thanks,
Colleen
David R Baldwin
Regular Collector

In Linux/Unix you can toggle between active and passive using the pass command in ftp.
Karol Raffay
Collector

We had a similar problem and helped us restarting application server.
You try it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event