Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching similar service calls to one "parent" call in Open View Service Desk

Highlighted
cmuchui
Acclaimed Contributor

Attaching similar service calls to one "parent" call in Open View Service Desk

Hi,
Newbie here, still trying to get comfortable with OV Service Desk. I am running version 4.5.0588.1104 and would like to know how to find ,relate and close all similar calls at the same time. The systems I support generate calls every 5 minutes as long as an issue is not resolved. This can lead to tonnes of similar calls just building up. I know how to find the calls but I would like to be able to close them all the same time instead of having to close each individually.
Thanks!!
2 REPLIES
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

Re: Attaching similar service calls to one "parent" call in Open View Service Desk

One way to approach this is through process. Meaning, use the catagory/classification item and create a cat/class for these calls, also use a template this way you can simply search for specifics in the description or cat/class and do an update all...

Views are also important, set up a view with the specifics and you won't have to search anymore either.

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

Re: Attaching similar service calls to one "parent" call in Open View Service Desk

Have you tried the Update All feature to make the same change to several calls? Select the list of calls and right click and select Update All.

You can also select several items to create a relationship.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event