Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Attachement error

Highlighted
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

Attachement error

I am running SD 4.5 SP19 and have one user with a standard XP build that receives a error message popup window when saving a Service Call with an attachment. The error has Save in the upper left hand corner with "X" and "Connection refused" in the body of the popup window. All users in his department have the same OS build but he is the only one having a problem
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Attachement error

Hello Rory,

Since, as attachments matter, OVSD just acts as an FTP client I don't think that's OVSD error.

Try from the command line ftp to the attachment server and log as the user defined in System Panel/Attachment Settings/[GENERAL]

Make sure to use Passive or Active accordingly to the setting in the same TAB. Chances are that ftp is going to fail.

Connection refused means either that the specific machine doesn't have access to the ftp server.
menes fhtagn
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also make sure that the PC has not had the XP firewall turned on (and if it is that port 21 is open)
Rory Emmans
Outstanding Contributor.

I am in the process of trying both suggestions will let you know what the fix was and thanks alot for your assistance