The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attached the UI file for your reference...

Highlighted
Harini.G
Collector

Attached the UI file for your reference...

Hi,

Attached the rule the same is set for laptop too...but the rule works intermitently.

Like for testing when icheck in the classification hardware desktop imac it will not show Deadline but when we follow the steps by adding the Caller name his SLA and rest info classification is picking up deadline.

Pls help....
3 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Attached the UI file for your reference...

Anitha - I'm not sure quite why you want to clear the deadline but I can imagine why you are having problems. This is one of the few fields in HPSD where there is a lot of code logic lurking behind. The way HP designed the product each PERSON (Caller) or ORGANIZATION can be a receiver of SLA linked to a SERVICE. Choosing a SERVICE for a new call will determine the SERVICE LEVEL and thence the PRIORITY mapped from the IMPACT (with me so far?). To end up with no deadline you will either have to choose an IMPACT with no PRIORTY mapping (to leave that blank) or you could try a PRIORITY with no duration set.
Carol Hibbard
Honored Contributor

Using a UI rule to set/empty the deadline based on setting one field (classification) won't work unless it is the last field they set before saving because the automated deadline calculation based on SLA will override it. In this case, a DB rule executed upon save would make more sense.

However, it seems that setting up an SLA to have a correct deadline would be more appropriate. Do you really want a call with no deadline?
Saji Soman
Occasional Contributor

Hello Anita,

Try using DB rule for the same.

Deadline field in SD is calculated based on service and priority and hence will override all rules set to it before save.

BR,
Saji Soman
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event