cancel

Assignment permissions in Service Call

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

Assignment permissions in Service Call

I'm having problems letting my users assign workgroups to calls. I have a role of 'Service Desk' and one of 'System Administrator'. If I log in using Admin and pull up a new call log, I can assign a workgroup. If I am service desk, I can't.

The two roles use the same form and workgroup assignment does exist. In roles I have set out the Service Desk role so that it has all permissions for Assignment, view, new and modify for service call and view and modify for workgroups.

Any help will be gratefully received.

David.
7 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Assignment permissions in Service Call

Hi David,
Can you post some screen shots of the relevant roles and the message that appears when the user is prevented from assining to a group

Regards
Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

This shot is the administrator looking at the service call - I can assign a workgroup.
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

This shot is the service desk role looking at the service call - I can't assign a workgroup.
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

These are the objects that the service desk role has permission for. This is the top half.
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

These are the objects that the service desk role has permission for. This is the bottom half.

I should have mentioned I have SD 5.1.
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi David,

I have not got 5.1, but it might be worth checking that you have related the role to the assignment form.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
David R Baldwin
Respected Contributor.

Thanks - that has fixed it!