Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Assignment To Person:Required field for In Progress Status

Highlighted
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Assignment To Person:Required field for In Progress Status

Hi All,

I need to make Assignment to Person as a Required field for In Progress status alone.

Is there a way out?

Rgds
Harini.G
3 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Assignment To Person:Required field for In Progress Status

Hi there,

In 4.5, you cannot do this as a required field (in Tools> System> Security> Prevention> Required Fields)but you can set up a UI rule to do it.

Before item is saved
Condition: Assignment to person is empty AND status = in progress
Action: User notification message of severity Error

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Harini.G
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I am facing a peculiar problem in Service pages. In a workgroup, an engineer picksup a call from "My Group open calls" and assigns to himself. At the same time, another user can also reassign the call to himself. Even after a call is resolved, the alternate engineer is able to close the call in his name. (pls refer attached file)

Is there a way that I can block the modification of the call once its picked by an engineer in the same workgroup?

Rgds
Harini.G
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

tough one. UI rules which may have given us the ability to do this will not act on Service Pages. DB rules are left but as they fire after the call is saved they wont do much here to stop this happening.

You will have 2 views available to use in Service pages - you could modify the filter on one view as below but I don't see this working as 2 views are limiting and they may need to see things as they are.

Is there an option for the engineers to use Webconsole - from which you could provide a view that shows calls for workgroup where assignment to person is empty and instruct the engineers to pick up there calls from this view only?

Best of luck.