Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment From field

Highlighted
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

Assignment From field

Hello !

I have a problem. When I create new item e.g.. Service Call, and fill in Assignment To field, system automatically add me to Assignment From field. And if I've registered in many workgroup, system find the first workgroup by A/Z. For example if I've registered in two workgroups : Help Desk workgroup & CAB workgroup system add CAB workgroup to Assignment From Workgroup field.

3 REPLIES
DrFoul
Frequent Visitor

Re: Assignment From field

This issue indeed arises from the fact that persons can be in multiple workgroups.

Please take a look at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_ITSM009466

which is solved in servicepack 26 of SD 4.5.

Is my assumption that you have SD 4.5 correct?

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
Oleg Bazalicky
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. 

We have SD 4.5 SP 28. But I can't find solution description. I only see that this provlem is resolved in 26 Service Pack. 

Maybe you know how it works ?

DrFoul
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I misunderstood.

The known issue I mentioned as solved in sp26 resolves the problem of re-assigning an item that was assigned to you in some particular workgroup. If you would open an existing assigned call, then forward or re-assign it back, then SD would choose the first workgroup that you're a member of. Even if the call was originally assiged to your "second" workgroup. Imagine a user assigning a servicecall to the SERVICEDESK team, and getting a response from the NETWORK group.

Your scenario is on creating a new call, with a first-time assignment. In this case SD still picks the first workgroup from your member list, because SD cannot know which hat you wear at that moment.

You can choose another workgroup from your member list if you prefer.

To see the effect of the fix I mentioned, try assigning a call to someone else - say John - who is part of several workgroups. When he assigns the call back to you, you will see that the From group field contains the value that you chose, and not the first value in the list of John's workgroups.

For what it's worth, this is the Enhancement Request link, existing since SD 3.0:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_ITSM004380

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event