Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Service Calls to Users - Users viewing the service calls assigned to them.

Highlighted
Bharath Krishna
Occasional Contributor

Assigning Service Calls to Users - Users viewing the service calls assigned to them.

I am trying to assign service calls to users. This is what I have done.
1. Created Organization 'ABC'
2. Created Workgroup 'My_Workgroup'
3. Created User 'Test_User'
4. Add 'Test_User' as a member of 'My_WorkGroup'
5. Created a new Service Call and in the assignment list To Workgroup - 'My_Workgroup'
To_Person - 'Test_User'..

Now I would like to login as 'Test_User' and would like to see the Service Calls assigned to me. I am not able to do that.

I did create user through
Tools - System - Security - Access - Application Account and using this User account, I am able to login to service desk. How do I map the 'Test_User' account to the above account.

How do I see that the calls assigned to a User are seen by that specific User OR Workgroup. I did look into some default views in the service desk screen, but could not find a valid view for this. Also I tried creating a custom view but was not susseful.

What is the difference between Users accounts created through Administrative Console and the User Accounts created in Service Desk [to whom the service calls are assigned]

5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Assigning Service Calls to Users - Users viewing the service calls assigned to them.

Hi,

When you assign a call you select the persons name which is the person record for that person.

To see all calls assigned to the person that has logged on to the client you create a view and choose the More tab (its the second tab). In there you will see a check box where you can select to show calls where I am the assignee" or similar to this. There is also an option to show calls where I am a member of a workgroup.

I use 2 different views. 1 to show me all calls assigned to me and 2) to show me all calls assigned to my group and use the (More) tab to do the initial filtering.
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Re: Assigning Service Calls to Users - Users viewing the service calls assigned to them.

Mark,

Am I correct when I say that the two views you mentioned above come ready built in Service Desk?
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Jay,

I don't have a screen shot to hand but in any existing view or any new view if you choose the second tab "More" you get to see a number of pre-built options.
Jay Mistry
Frequent Visitor

Mark,

Im ok with views but I made an assumption in another thread for Bharath that the views "open calls assigned to me" and "open calls assigned to my team" are out of the box views provided by HP.
Bharath Krishna
Occasional Contributor

Hello Jay,

Yes, these views are out of the box views. After creating a new view in the Customize Current View option, Click on the Filter button, then select the More Choices Tab.
There you would find few check boxes, like - Where I am the assigned person.
This will create a view and show service calls depending on the login.

Thanks for your support.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event