Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Assigned Items doesn't appear in "Service Today".

Highlighted
Fady Bassyouni
Respected Contributor.

Assigned Items doesn't appear in "Service Today".

Dear All,
I have this problem; I have configured acess permissions on an item (Service calls) for a role on the folder level (folder entitelment enabled) but when an item is assigned to a member of this role it doesn't appear in the "Service Today" View. The problem dissappears when I assign the same access permissions but on the item (service call) level and not the security folder.

the service today views are configured as default. I am using SD 5.1 SP3 on oracle.

an help or workarounds for this issue?

Fady.
7 REPLIES
Fady Bassyouni
Respected Contributor.

Re: Assigned Items doesn't appear in "Service Today".

Hey Guys,

Any idea?

Fady.
Rajesh Nair
Outstanding Contributor.

Are you trying to view the Service Today after logging in with the SD login created for the user who is assigned the call ?

Regards

Rajesh
Fady Bassyouni
Respected Contributor.

Dear Rajesh,
yes, I am trying to view the service today after logging in with the SD login created for the user who is assigned the call.
This person cannot see his assigned items untill he has access permissions on the item level and not on the security folder level. In my environment I need to use folder entitelment. Now I need to know is this problem related to Roles & Permissions or is it an issue with the "service today" view ?

Note: "Sevice Today" view is as default.

Regards,
Fady
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

After a short test I would agree with you - Service Today does not function with Folder Restriction, had to raise rights on the role to top level to see my items.

This is pretty disastrous - you'd better raise with HP as critical issue.
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Fady,

Bizzare - ours works OK. What Service Pack are you on? We are SP17 with some hotfixes. Note that Chart views still ignore folder entitlement for us - it shows the other folder in the chart but it doesn't let you drill down to the actual items unless they are in your folder.

Cheers
Fady Bassyouni
Respected Contributor.

Thank you david. It seems the problem is with the software version I am using (SD 5.1 patch 3).

Does anyone know a workaround for this issue?

Fady,
Fady Bassyouni
Respected Contributor.

Dear All,

It seems to be a known issue with this version (SD 5.1 sp3).
Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?
I have a problem accessing the Self Solve section of the HP site; can anyone check the known problem DB against this issue and provide us with a reolution or workaround.

Regards,
Fady