Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Assign incident to another group if the current assignment group do not work on it for some time.

Highlighted
~ Trun ~
Honored Contributor.

Assign incident to another group if the current assignment group do not work on it for some time.

Hi All,

Need help for this issue. When an Interaction gets escalated and incident is opened it is assign to some group.If that particular group do not work on it (say for 1 Hour)I want that it should get assign to another group automatically.

Points will be assigned.

Regards
tarun.
3 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Assign incident to another group if the current assignment group do not work on it for some time.

Your problem will be defining what "worked on" actually means. You'd need to cause a "scheduled task" to fire after an hour to test "something" - but what would this be? REGISTRATION MODIFIED more than 59 minutes ago (not sure a rule can do this?) and MODIFIED BY = "System Admin" would indicate that no "human" had touched it but a lot of other things might happen which update the record without the group doing anything? And who would you pass it to anyway? A fixed group in the rule (not good for maintenance) - a variable group defined where?

One simpler approach might be to formalise the use of various states - ASSIGNED means you've been given it, ACCEPTED means "we've at least SEEN it", then "IN PROGRESS" signals we are DOING something.
~ Trun ~
Honored Contributor.

Re: Assign incident to another group if the current assignment group do not work on it for some time.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

What i want is, if a incident which is assigned to a group do not work on it for 3 Hr, then a notification should be sent to the Group manager stating XYZ is the incident on which their team need to work.

I hope its clear now...

Anticipating help

Regards
Tarun
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

Mike,
I think Tarun is talking about ServiceCenter or Service Manager.

Tarun,
Alerts can be defined by workgroup and specific conditions can be set via a query.

Since this is the Service Desk forum, you might have better luck posting in the ServiceCenter/Service Manager forum.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike