Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Category and Classification are Related....!!!

Highlighted
Jagadeesh_3
Regular Collector

Are Category and Classification are Related....!!!

Hi,

I Wanted to Desing Some Simple Service Pages...
The Requirement is They Need a Drill Down Approach to Select Category and Classification. I was Looking for Some Relation Between This Service Call Category, Service Call Classification. So that if User Selectes Windows Category... ALl Classification related to Windows Category are Listed in Second Drop Down Box( Select Box ).

Or Just Wondering what is the Best Way of Creating Classification and Category So that I get A Proper Drill DOwn Approach in Browser Dynamically....

Note: In Case i Need to Add a New Classification to Windows Category then that New CLassification Should Automatically Appear in Second Select Box Without Modification of any JSP Page.
Greatest Plesure in Life is in doing What people say YOU can't do..., Never Ever Give UP.
4 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are Category and Classification are Related....!!!

TO the best of my knowledge, there is no such relation between these two code fields. However you can achieve your functionality by using OVSD Web-APIs.
Jagadeesh_3
Regular Collector

How Exactly???

I Can Take All Category From
"IServiceCallCategoryHome" Interface....

I Can Take All Classification From
"IClassificationSerHome" Interface.....

But Based on One Category How do i Filter out all Classification....

I Feel that Their Should Be Some Relatation Between Service Call Category and Service Call Classification in order to achive this.
Greatest Plesure in Life is in doing What people say YOU can't do..., Never Ever Give UP.
Oguz Kutlu Asi
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Only way i see is to create a table to save relations of categories and classifications, then you can achieve your goal. And of course it is better to keep in mind that manipulated databases will not be supported by HP.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

UI rules could be used with the Limit Field option to achieve this with Service Calls however the UI rules won't fire on the Service Pages so wont achieve the desired result.

Does anyone know if this will be a feature in Version 5?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event