The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Data

Highlighted
Adrian Collins
Regular Collector

Archiving Data

Hello,

I've just recently archived a heap of data out of my OVSD 4.5 SP17 TEST system. My Database Server is SQL 2000.

The criteria used was as follows:

Status = Closed
Registration; Created Older Than 365 days ago

I only archived the ID, Description, and Registraion Created fields, and did not choose to archive history lines to make the process go faster. This was done for all assignable entities, in the correct order specified in the archiving section of the system panel. The process took a couple of days to complete, but seems to have worked

I've gone back to the database to have a look at the effect, and the database size is still the same as it was before I started. I tried to shrink teh database, but no effect - still the same size.

Have I done something wrong? I don't understand how I could have archived 4 years worth of data with little noticeable effect on the DB size!
3 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

Re: Archiving Data

HI
you can count row before and after for table itsm_servicecall.

Vasily
Adrian Collins
Regular Collector

Thanks Vasily.

Turned out I wasn't using the correct procedure to compress and purge free space from the database.
Adrian Collins
Regular Collector

Thread closed - not an OVSD issue
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event